- FEATURED BRANDS
- NAPA SilentGUARD Brake Pads
- NAPA Premium Brake Rotors
- NAPA Ultra Premium Brake Pads
- NAPA Ultra Premium Brake Rotors and Drums
- NAPA QE Brake Brake Pads
- NAPA ProFormer Brake Pads
- Adaptive One Passenger Brake Pads
- Adaptive One R90 Euro Brake Pads
- Adaptive One Trucks and SUV Brake Pads
- Adaptive One Performance Brake Pads
- NAPA Fleet Brake Parts
- NAPA Brake Calipers
- Adaptive One Brake Calipers
- NAPA Proformer Brake Calipers
Steering and Suspension
Motor Oils and Fluids
Car Wash and Detailing
Starters and Alternators
Tools and Equipment
Wipers and Visibility
How To Choose The Best Air Filter For Your Car
NAPA AIR FILTERS
Replacing a clogged air filter can increase airflow, horsepower and improve engine performance. Get better engine protection and improved performance with a new NAPA engine air filter designed to the correct specifications of your car or truck.
FIND THE RIGHT AIR FILTER
Our air filter selector helps you select the right replacement NAPA air filter for your vehicle as easy as 1-2-3!
- 1. Enter your vehicle's year, make, and model or by your part interchange number and choose the NAPA air filter that exactly match your vehicle.
- 2. Place your order online and select how you want to receive your air filter: home delivery or pickup in store.
- 3. Receive your order at home or pick it up at your local NAPA Auto Parts store once you receive your confirmation email.
NAPA Gold™ Air Filters
NAPAGold™ engine air filters keep clean air flowing into your engine even in the dustiest, dirtiest driving conditions. They feature robust, upgraded, water- and snow-tolerant filter media to prevent dirt and dust from damaging cylinder walls, pistons and piston rings.
Why You Should Change Your Car Air Filter
Engine air filters allow oxygen to reach the engine while filtering out airborne particulates like dust, insects, allergens, and pollutants. Maintaining a clean air filter can help with fuel economy. NAPA carries a wide variety of auto parts for air filter replacement or maintenance.
We carry air and oil separator filters, air brake filters, air cleaner adapters, air cleaner baffles, air cleaner bases, air cleaner guards, air cleaner particulate separators, air compressors and oil separators, air compressor air filters, air dryer filters, air filter plates, vacuum cleaner filters, respirator filters, dust collector filters and carbon canister pads.
How Often You Should Change Your Air Filter
NAPA recommends you change your air filter every 15,000 miles (21,141km) or once a year at a minimum. If you drive in especially dirty or dusty areas, consider changing it more often. If your vehicle is experiencing symptoms like decreasing gas mileage, reduction in horsepower, black smoke or smog from exhaust pipe or a strong fuel smell, it may be because you have a dirty air filter. Each time you change the oil in your vehicle, the car's air filter should also be inspected to check if it is showing any signs of contamination. Many small contaminants can make the engine's air filter dirty, impacting cabin airflow, limiting clean air quality and potentially causing damage to your car's engine performance. If you see the "check engine light" sign on your dashboard, this may be a sign that you need a new air filter.
If you are considering changing your vehicle's air filter, a NAPA Auto Parts store near you will carry the replacement parts and tools for a variety of car, truck, and SUV models. If you prefer to have your air filter changed by a professional, find a NAPA AUTPRO near you and an experienced NAPA mechanic will service your vehicle.