- FEATURED BRANDS
- NAPA SilentGUARD Brake Pads
- NAPA Premium Brake Pads
- NAPA Ultra Premium Brake Pads
- NAPA Ultra Premium Brake Rotors and Drums
- NAPA QE Brake Brake Pads
- NAPA ProFormer Brake Pads
- Adaptive One Passenger Brake Pads
- Adaptive One R90 Euro Brake Pads
- Adaptive One Trucks and SUV Brake Pads
- Adaptive One Performance Brake Pads
- NAPA Fleet Brake Parts
- NAPA Brake Calipers
Steering and Suspension
Motor Oils and Fluids
Car Wash and Detailing
Starters and Alternators
Tools and Equipment
Wipers and Visibility
Car and Truck Battery Parts and Accessories
POPULAR PART TYPES
BUY A NEW BATTERY FOR YOUR CAR OR TRUCK
When shopping for a new battery for your vehicle, it's essential to select the right replacement that matches both your vehicle's CCA (cold cranking amps) specification and its manufacturer recommendations.
The battery is a major part of a car when it starts the engine. Without a battery the engine will not crank over. Before your car turns ON and the engine starts running, when you press the button or turn the key in your car's ignition, this is what happens inside the battery:
- A chemical reaction is created.
- The chemical reaction releases energy.
- The battery stores the chemical energy.
- The chemical energy converts into electrical energy.
- The electrical energy gets the motor and engine to start running.
The charging system of a vehicle consists of three major parts: a good battery, an alternator, and a voltage regulator.
Don't get caught with a dead battery this winter. Count on NAPA to provide you with a battery that ensures the power you need.
At NAPA Auto Parts you can find the following battery types:
- An absorbed glass mat battery (AGM)
- A lead-acid wet cell
- A lead-acid gel cell battery
- A lithium-ion battery
- A hybrid battery pack
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF BATTERIES?
The main function of a car battery system is to provide (electrical current) to run the radio, air conditioning, lower your windows, or dim your lights when the engine is on, and to reserve power.
Today's vehicles demand more power to manage all their electronic accessories. Count on NAPA to offer you the right battery. Find what you need at NAPA Auto Parts, they offer a full line of battery choices.
Different types of batteries:
- Lead-acid wet cell: original type of rechargeable battery
- Lead-acid gel cell: mixtures of silicon are added to battery acid transforming the electrolytes into a gel substance that cannot leak.
- Absorbed glass mat (AGM): electrolytes are separated by a fiberglass mat and function as a sponge producing high output power.
- Lithium-ion battery: batteries that can be charged and discharged repeatedly usually a secondary battery.
- Hybrid battery packs
NAPA offers different types of batteries:
The Legend Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM): An advanced lead-acid battery with an absorbed glass mat. The glass mat provides a higher energy capacity, which allows them to adapt to today¿s vehicle. This type of battery provides high resistance to shocks and vibrations. It is ideal for short and repetitive journeys and easier to recharge. This type of battery is suitable for winter due to a superior resistance to frost and cold weather. Also, the glass mat avoids the battery to leak.
The Legend Battery: This battery satisfies the highest requirements to meet all the needs of any vehicle. They are designed to meet European standards, to provide an exact OE battery fit.
Powerstart Battery: These types of batteries are designed for long life. They are designed to provide minimal water loss and minimum gas release to ensure a high-quality and maintenance-free battery. They are also designed to be shock and vibration resistant.
HOW LONG DOES A CAR BATTERY LAST?
Factors that can influence longevity of battery:
- Chronic undercharging
- Chronic Abuse
The average car battery lasts between three to five years with proper care. It is important to monitor your battery to avoid bigger problems and charges.
Signs that the battery has gone bad?
- Dim lights
- The battery warning light appears on the dashboard
- Difficulty starting the engine
- Slow cranking when starting your vehicle
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO REPLACE A BATTERY?
When it comes the time to replace your battery you can either take it to a trusted garage or replace your battery on your own. Replacing a battery may look like a simple task, but it can also be difficult to replace. Visit your closest NAPA stores to have it done by one of our professional technicians.
The cost of replacing your battery will depend on the type of battery you choose and if you decide to replace it on your own or bring it to a trusted mechanic.
NAPA offers a complete range of batteries for you to select and choose from. Visit our online store or visit one of our NAPA Auto Parts stores.
Select Vehicle Year